Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Future of Batman




I'm not entirely sure if this is too soon or not. Let me start by saying Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker. I don't mean to offend anyone by this. But there is an actor out there that would be evil personified in this role. That, my friends, is Kevin Howarth.

I first came across him in a gem called The Last Horror Movie, which if you have not seen, shame on you. He has the chops and the talent to pull this off in a way we have never seen before. Now many would hate the very idea of someone else stepping into this role and utterly destroying the continuity without Ledger. I disagree. I think in the third film, only tease the Joker in a scene or two. A scene reminiscent of The Killing Joke opening would be nice, a la Silence of the Lambs. The Joker hidden in the shadows of his cell in Arkham, conversing with the Batman, only to escape at the end of the film and return as the main heavy in the forth film.

I really would like to see this given a chance or even discussed. If Christian Bale would sit back and watch The Last Horror Movie I'm sure he would agree.

No comments: