Monday, December 1, 2008

The Avengers



I suppose this one is the most debatable, so I'll start here.

The characters I am most insistent upon seeing are as follows:

  • Captain America
  • Hawkeye
  • Vision
  • Wonder Man
  • Iron Man
  • Thor
  • Henry Pym (as any hero)
  • Wasp
My selection of minor characters is sparse but worth mentioning:

  • Scarlett Witch
  • Tigra
  • Marvel Girl
  • other
As far as the main villains are concerned I have been on and around the fence. I have considered HYDRA, Skrulls, a combination of the two and even heard they were considering using the Hulk as the villain. I'm fine with anything, I think as long as HYDRA is involved. Ultron would be a great possibility to get Hank's storyline going quickly.


Here is where everyone is going to groan but these are my choices for actors playing certain roles. No one likes to complain like a fanboy so with full warning here is what I would like:

  • Captain America= Josh Brolin
  • Vision= Hank Azaria
  • Hawkeye= Matthew Lillard
I know, I know, sssshhhhhhhh... be calm. How could I possibly cast these two comedic hams in these oh-so important roles. I'll tell you. But first, Brolin.

Cap really needs to be confident, have swagger, and a strong sense of honesty, one that comes through the eyes. Josh Brolin has these things and for that reason I think Johnah Hex is a total waste of his ability. I really don't know of an actor who can pull it off better than he.

Azaria I cast for two reasons, with a shaved head and some pasty makeup he could really look the part. Throw some all black contact lenses on his eyeballs and he could be downright creepy in the role. I picture the Vision as almost a cenebite, like a artificial human experiment gone nearly wrong. Also, he could invent the voice of an android with no sfx.

OK...if you think Lillard can't act go see SLC Punk and call me in the morning. This kid just can't get a role to suit him. So I say, give him Hawkeye. Make the role funny and offensive. Clint could almost be a redneck, but a complete baddass. But one thing the writers absolutely must do is change his M.O. He can't just have a bow and dumbass trick arrows. We know we are getting a Green Arrow movie so why compete with that. I say change Hawkeye to an expert marksman with ANYTHING. Give him throwing stars, darts, a gun even. I say don't break out the bow untill the last fight scene in the movie, right at a highly climactic moment. Audiences will cheer and no one will leave angry.

There are also certain plot elements I have to be insistant upon.

How can all of this action in New York happen without some cameos? First and foremost, Spider-man. Even just crawling on the side of a building. Or even pitching in for a second. The beauty of this is that in full costume, Maguire doesn't have to show up.

Also the Hulk or Bruce Banner should have SOME involvement. To what degree I'm not certain but the set up in the Incredible Hulk pretty much demands it.

Also in need of a change up is Wonder Man. WAAAAAYYYYYY to Superman. The glowing eyes will help but certain things have to go including the flying. That's right Wonder Man no fly. Also it would be helpfull if he had to power up before he can use his strength and such. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

That's all for this one. I'll add more as it comes to me.
Also, look for pics, coming soon


12-1-08

Got two new thoughts for this posting. First Thor, with no doubt in my mind should be Sean Bean. And I'm leaning towards Drew Barrymore as Wasp.


No comments: