Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Marvel and Disney...What the hey?

Sure it is unusual...but is Disney owning Marvel a terrible thing? I can't be entirely sold on either argument just yet. But I can say that Disney owning Miramax has actually worked out pretty well. They are now great production company and a distribution company that gives a shot to new independent movies, and with the purchase power of Disney behind them. So one would be inclinded to think it to be a good move.

Of course it is Disney which alone is cause for concern. Are our hopes of rated R comic book movies dashed upon the rocks? Well, look at it this way, if it keeps Fox's paws off of Marvel properties I am all for it.

I do have to comment as well, Marvel really sucks at making their own movies. They are truly terrible. They are falling back on the old habits in the 80's and 90's when they made the Dolph Lungren Punisher and Marc Salinger (yep, J.D.'s kid) Captain America. So putting the character properties in someone else's hands is not so incredibly terrible. I really wish they could have done it on their own, with no one to answer to, but better this than sending themselves into bankruptcy again.

So I would guess my stance is worried...but not panicking.

No comments: